What was said
What this says
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026Daniel Okafor asked Fiona Metcalfe for a January renewal review. She agreed to a morning slot but wants the usage case in pounds, and said she will not agree a price on the call. Daniel confirmed no decision is needed.
Ask: Fiona wants to know what decision is required of her, and asks for the usage case in pounds against the £114k contract and 160 licensed users.
Customer view: she is cooperative on timing but guarded on price: "I won't be agreeing a price on the call." She is waiting for the board's view.
Next: Daniel will build the usage case and send it a few days before the meeting, then invite her to a morning slot in the second week back.
The thread
Updated 9 Oct 26Messages
- Daniel Okafor 9 Dec 2025 14:46Dear Fiona, I hope you are well, and that the run-up to the year end is not too hectic for your team. I wanted to get something in the diary ahead of the renewal. Your Enterprise contract runs to 27 Feb 2026, and I would much prefer we talk it through properly in good time rather than leave it to the last few weeks. The aim would be to look together at how Strensall has been using B-Viz across the branches, trade-credit and key-account teams, and what you would want to see from it next, so that you have something concrete in front of you before any decision. Would a short slot in the first half of January suit you? I am happy to work around your calendar, and I can come to you in York or set up a video call, whichever is easier. Just to be clear, this is a conversation and not a negotiation. I will come with the usage picture, and you can tell me what you would need to see to make the case internally. How is the team finding it at the moment? I would be glad to hear that before we meet, even in a line or two. Best wishes, Daniel
- Fiona Metcalfe 10 Dec 2025 14:58Daniel, Thank you. January is fine, and the second week back is better for me, in the morning if possible. Two things beforehand. First, what decision is needed from me at the end of it? I would like to know whether we are agreeing anything or only reviewing. Second, please bring the usage case in pounds as well as in activity: what we pay today against what the teams are getting from it. We are currently contracted at £113,500 a year across 160 licensed users, so I would like to see how that looks per user in practice. I won't be agreeing a price on the call. We'll look at it at renewal, once I have the board's view. Fiona Metcalfe
- Daniel Okafor 12 Dec 2025 08:46Dear Fiona, Thank you, that is very helpful, and I am glad the timing works. To answer your first question: no decision is needed from you on the call. It is a review, so you can see the usage and tell us what you would want in front of the board. Anything on commercial terms would come afterwards, in writing, and only when you are ready for it. On the second point, I will build the usage case in pounds against the £113,500 annual contract and the 160 licensed users, as you ask, and I will send it to you a few days before we meet so you are not reading it cold. If there are particular teams you would like me to break out, such as trade credit, tell me and I will include them. I will send an invitation for a morning slot in the second week back, and if it does not suit I will come back to you with alternatives. Best wishes, Daniel